Each year millions of non-emergent calls are made to 911 that overcrowd emergency rooms, reduce ambulance availability for life-threatening issues, and increase healthcare costs by billions of dollars. Tele911 integrates with EMS Agencies to allow for safe Treatment in Place or alternate destination transport also providing wrap-around follow-up services. Tele911 is a cutting-edge technology company that specializes in providing enhanced connectivity between public health and safety and the larger healthcare ecosystem. Our innovative 911 telehealth platform enables first responders to consult with emergency physicians, allowing for safe treatment in place for stable patients who call 911, thereby reducing unnecessary ambulance transport to overcrowded emergency rooms. Tele911 integrates Emergency Medicine telehealth and Patient Navigation into 911 EMS care systems.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options Plan
- Life-changing opportunity and incredibly gratifying experiences partnering with First Responders to build innovative 911 technology.
- 100% Remote, Work from Home
- Time Off Flex policy
- Health coverage stipend
- Paid holidays - 10 days
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Bilingual Patient Navigator, you will conduct follow-ups post EMS contact for 9-1-1 patients that are connected to Tele911. You will be responsible for connecting patients with community resources, overcoming barriers and coordinating care with the healthcare team, providing educational materials, understanding diagnosis and available treatment options, understanding what resources are available and how to access them, executing patient intake, and matching the patient with the appropriate care resources.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work within Tele911’s proprietary platform to greet callers in real-time as they are referred over from Public Safety partners.
- Complete telephonic outreach to patients utilizing auto and manual dialing.
- Assists patients with social determinants of health and links to community resources.
- Identify gaps in care and assist in closure of gaps.
- Proactively, de-escalate situations involving dissatisfied patients, offering patient assistance and support.
- Collect and verify patient demographic and medical history information.
- Work in collaboration with telehealth providers to ensure a safe, effective, and efficient telehealth experience.
- Schedule and coordinate patient follow-up care appointments.
- Consistently meets metrics, both quality & performance
- Provides excellent customer service to both patients and providers
- Maintains confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including HIPAA
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good attendance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work from home
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experience with Patient Navigation and Care Coordination
- Experience in Social Work or mental health support is preferred
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Experience analyzing and resolving complex situations
- Interest in working with diverse communities with advanced illness
- A patient and empathetic attitude
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Troubleshooting skills, and ability to overcome challenges
- Ability to maintain metrics and goals within the department
- Ability to work on the phone and multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting patients
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Telephone etiquette
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and a brief cover letter highlighting their interest in EMS technology and their drive to support business development efforts.
JOIN OUR MISSION TO REVOLUTIONIZE EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
TELE911 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE.